Oil Pressure gauge cone
The oil pressure reading occasionally drops as a result of a particles becoming lodged on the oil pressure gauge cone. This is located on the back of the crankcase.
To clean it:
- Loosen union from brass assembly to oil pressure gauge take off.
- Loosen union to no5 main bearing feed pipe.
- Unscrew brass assembly from crankcase.
- Unscrew steel top piece from brass lower.
- Remove cone and spring, wipe everything down and reassemble. DO NOT tighten steel upper to secure banjo until the banjo is aligned by the oil pressure gauge take-off pipe.
Selector Rod Glands
When the selector rod glands begin to leak excessively it is time to tighten them.
This is done with a special spanner that engages in the holes in the gland nuts. If this does not solve the problem it is time to replace the gland packing.